In my first blog post of the year, I mentioned wanting to take a hiatus from dairy for the entire month of January. OK, so I stayed away from dairy for about 2 seconds (really it was 3 weeks and felt like an ETERNITY). But I just had to share this unbelievable recipe for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner at home: Shrimp with Lemon Beurre Blanc! Fancy, fancy right? Wrong! It couldn’t be easier, and your significant other will be beyond impressed that you made this. Beurre is the french word for butter and blanc refers to the use of white wine in the sauce. Admittedly, this recipe isn’t for the faint of heart (hello, 1 1/2 sticks of butter!) but hey, it’s for Valentine’s day – a day centered around love and indulgence. So treat yo’ self!
And as a fun added bonus, I’m also sharing 9 gift ideas under $100 for the foodie in your life! I’ve got you covered with an array of fun ideas like an awesome monthly coffee subscription, delicious fair trade chocolate, and the perfect wooden serving board! Life is short, so let’s make the most of it and show the ones we love that we appreciate them 🙂
How to make it
Check out the recipe that I created exclusively for We Got Food Covered below!
Special Gift Guide (Valentine’s Day edition)
- Coffee of the month club by Atlas Coffee Club – you can choose a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription for the coffee lover in your life. Atlas Coffee Club sources premium coffee from farms around the world, ensuring ethically sustainable farming practices and the highest quality product delivered right to your door – win, win!
- Cravings cookbook by Chrissy Teigen – all I want in life is to be Chrissy’s best friend and cook and eat every recipe in her book together, I don’t think that’s too much to ask 🙂
- Divine chocolate bars – The Little Market is one of my favorite shops that is a women-led non-profit that was created to empower women around the world by selling fair trade products that are ethically made. And these chocolate bars are to die for!
- Olive Wood natural board – another find from The Little Market, these boards are made in Tunisia and absolutely beautiful! They’re perfect for serving a baguette or cheese and fruit.
- Turkish Tea Towels – I swear by these because they truly do absorb better than any other towel out there. Plus they’re so pretty!
- French Press coffee maker – I mean, how beautiful is this french press? I want one just to keep on display in my kitchen 🙂
- Mug set – these heart covered mugs are too cute to pass up, and as a lovely reminder, the message inside each mug says “Love is love”
- Salt Cellar – keeping salt readily accessible in the kitchen is a must in my book, so why not do it in style with this perfect combination of marble & acacia wood?!
- Silicone utensils – I don’t think I’ve ever seen prettier cooking utensils, have you??
Note: I’m not being paid to promote any of these products, I just personally love them 🙂