Due to popular demand I am finally posting my Best Ever Egg Salad recipe!! A little while ago I shared photos of me making a batch on my Instagram stories, but I didn’t share the actual recipe….mainly because I didn’t have exact measurements of anything haha, but now I do and it’s just as good as using my “little of this, little of that” method 🙂
One of my favorite childhood lunches was egg salad sandwich, packed lovingly by my mom, along with a hand-written note <3 Even though there isn’t much to egg salad I just love how the simplest recipes can bring so much happiness and a sense of nostalgia. This recipe is almost exactly how my mom made her egg salad, but I’ve lightened it up a bit by cutting back on the mayo and subbing in a bit of fresh lemon juice. Yum!
I like making a big batch so I’ve got leftovers in the fridge for a couple days. It’s the perfect snack or lunch with crackers, bread, or raw veggies. But my absolute favorite way to enjoy it is on a toasted croissant! My almost two-year-old who isn’t the biggest fan of eggs LOVES this recipe and literally eats it by the spoonful. Talk about a mom win!
How to make it
Hard boil the eggs. My favorite, fool-proof method is here. Peel & chop the eggs. I like using an egg slicer by slicing each egg twice – once regularly, then a second time at a 90 degree angle to get the perfect chop.
Put the chopped eggs in a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients.
Mix well and voila! You can serve immediately or chill first. It will keep well in an airtight container the fridge for 3-4 days.
Best Ever Egg Salad
Bring back those childhood memories with a simple modern twist on the classic egg salad!
- 6 eggs hard boiled
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise vegan or regular
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 celery stalk finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons sweet relish
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
- Peel & chop the hard boiled eggs. Put the chopped eggs in a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well to combine. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge first. Serve with bread, crackers, or raw vegetables. It will keep well in an airtight container the fridge for 3-4 days.