We’re just 16 days away from Christmas, can you believe it?! So exciting :) And to help you plan for any upcoming holiday parties, I’m bringing you a quick and relatively healthy dish: my Healthier Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip!
I love the creamy, cheesy, buttery dips you can find at most restaurants, but they always leave me feeling kind of gross, you know what I mean?? So I wanted to come up with a healthier version that was satisfying without removing cheese from the equation – because let’s admit it, cheese makes the world go round. Or maybe it just makes my world go round…but I digress….
It couldn’t be easier to make – you just throw it all into the slow cooker and let it do the rest. Give it a shot this weekend and I promise you won’t miss the extra fat and calories!!
How to make it
Put all the ingredients, except for the Neufchatel, into the slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
Evenly top the mixture with the cubed Neufchatel.
Note: Neufchatel is basically light cream cheese and found in the same refrigerated section in the grocery store as regular cream cheese.
Cover, cook for 2 hours on low in total. When there’s about 15 minutes left, stir to combine the Neufchatel well with the other ingredients. Cover, then continue cooking for the remaining time.
Keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve; then transfer to a serving dish. Serve with tortilla chips, celery, pita, crackers, etc.
- 10-12 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted then drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained then chopped
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest from ½ lemon
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- Put all the ingredients, except for the Neufchatel, into the slow cooker. Stir well to combine. Evenly top the mixture with the cubed Neufchatel.
- Cover, and cook for 2 hours total on low. When there is about 15 minutes remaining, stir all the ingredients together so the Neufchatel melts into the rest of the dip. Cover and cook for the remaining time.
- Keep warm in crockpot until ready to serve. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with tortilla chips, celery, pita bread, crackers, etc.
- Be sure to squeeze out as much of the water from the frozen spinach before putting into the slow cooker.
2 thoughts on “Healthier Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip”
This also travels super well! If it gets cold you just pop it in the microwave for a minute or so on medium heat, stir, and serve. It’s one of my go-to’s!
Thanks for reminding me about this recipe! And for your sweet, sweet comments! <3 xx
Comments are closed.