Oh boy, it’s almost September!! And although kids are back in school and Fall is just around the corner, we have a few more weeks of summer to savor. In the spirit of enjoying seasonal produce I’m bringing you one last beloved summer staple in our house: Watermelon Gazpacho!
I shared a classic Gazpacho recipe several years ago here; I still love that recipe but this one is much easier to make (just blend everything together and you’re done!) and it adds a touch of sweetness with refreshing watermelon. And I have recipe tested this to perfection, just follow it exactly and I promise the best gazpacho you’ve ever had :) Just to prove to you how good this recipe is: my veggie hating husband requests this on the regular and he will literally consume an entire batch within a few days. So this is a huge win in my book!!
How to make it
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to blend the watermelon first to make room for the rest of the vegetables. Taste and adjust seasoning as you like. That’s it!
- 3 heaping cups watermelon cubed
- 3 large vine ripened tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 pint sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher/sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper